Thursday, December 08, 2011

'Twas the night before a midnight dreary

Wherein while the idea was interesting the ten minute execution fell short


A slightly inelegant literary mashup

'Twas the night before a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. `'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door –

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads; Only this, and nothing more.'

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap, Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain

Trilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before; I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash, here I opened wide the door; - Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer, With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Lenore!

Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning, As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky, Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore –

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; - 'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

As I drew in my head, and was turning around, Down the chimney the Raven came with a bound

Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door - Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling, His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry! And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.

And laying his finger aside of his nose, And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, `Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle. Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all Nevermore."

Edgard Clement Clarke Poe

16 Comments:

Blogger blake said...

I suck at mash-ups.

12/21/2012 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kang Nurul Iman said...

Thank you very Steady info ... hopefully more successful.
Pengobatan Herbal Jantung Lemah

1/08/2016 08:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Eye Care Softgel said...

Thanks For Informations :)

http://www.efeksampingvigpower.com/cara-mengobati-sperma-kosong/
Cara Mengobati Sperma Kosong

3/24/2017 02:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Eye Care Softgel said...

Thanks for the information. Once very beneficial to us all. Awaited further information.
Manfaat Kidney Care Women

3/30/2017 12:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Cara Mengobati Radang Usus Buntu said...

Manfaat Teh Hijau Untuk Nyeri Sendi
Cara Mengobati Radang Usus Buntu

4/14/2017 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Heru Hendarin said...

thnks for your information. thats so good
Manfaat Lecithin Softgel
Gastric Health tablet Green World
Khasiat Cordyceps plus capsule
Harga Ganoderma Plus capsule
Manfaat Ovary Nutrition capsule
Manfaat triflex capsule Green World
Manfaat Eye Care softgel Green world
Cara Pemesanan Ginkgo biloba plus capsule
Agen Eye Care softgel Bandung
Khasiat Braincare capsule

5/14/2017 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Heru Hendarin said...

thnks for your good information.and i hope u will update every day. :D
Manfaat Lecithin Softgel
Gastric Health tablet Green World
Khasiat Cordyceps plus capsule
Harga Ganoderma Plus capsule
Manfaat Ovary Nutrition capsule
Manfaat triflex capsule Green World
Manfaat Eye Care softgel Green world
Cara Pemesanan Ginkgo biloba plus capsule
Agen Eye Care softgel Bandung
Khasiat Braincare capsule

5/15/2017 01:48:00 AM  
Blogger Heru Hendarin said...

Excellent information and very useful lurr. Greetings from us.
we are waiting for further information.
Manfaat Ginkgo Biloba plus Capsule
Obat Maag untuk Ibu Hamil
Harga Brain care Capsule
Obat benjolan di Payudara

5/19/2017 02:01:00 AM  
Blogger Waltra Jelly Gamat said...

The information is very good and very useful. I really like it and I am also waiting for the post information.

Cara Mengobati Gondok Beracun
Obat Tradisional Nyeri Sendi
OBat Tradisional Asam Urat
Cara Mengobati Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Herbal Ruam Popok
Obat Tradisional TBC Tulang Belakang
Cara Mengobati Pleuritis

8/10/2017 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Raya Resmana said...

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once
cara menyembuhkan emboli paru secara alami tanpa operasi, manfaat tersembunyi pada cabai merah untuk kesehatan,

3/21/2018 03:30:00 AM  
Blogger Raya Resmana said...

This article is very useful, thank you for sharing. And allow me to share articles too, it's about health and treatment. God willing it will be useful for us all. Thank you
8 Langkah Menghilangkan Bopeng Bekas Jerawat Dengan Bahan Alami, obat sesak nafas karena jantung

7/27/2018 03:32:00 AM  
Blogger Riko JR said...

Bismillah Hopefully given the health and sustenance abundant amen :)
OBAT BATU GINJAL ALAMI
obat budug ascites
obat luka alami
cara mengobati kelenjar getah bening
obat pusing berkepanjanagn

8/08/2018 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger dera said...

obat penghancur benjolan di leher

1/14/2019 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger dera said...

obat syaraf kejepit di apotik

1/22/2019 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger liamloyarsmith said...

A silk nightdress for women will make you feel like a real lady. There are many silk nightdresses available in the market and they come in various designs.

6/08/2021 04:30:00 AM  
Blogger Ankit pal said...

Its very informative page please visit us Cloud Migration Service

2/22/2023 01:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home